Back to Document
1106 Colegate Drive
Marietta, OH 45750
Descriptions of Services
The respiratory therapy department provides care for medical conditions of the lungs including asthma, emphysema, interstitial lung disease and pneumonia. In addition, respiratory therapy provides cardiac and neurological testing. Services include:
- All aspects of respiratory care (breathing treatments, chest percussion, bipap/cpap therapy and ventilator management).
- PFT – pulmonary function testing including DLCO (diffusing capacity of the lung for carbon monoxide).
- ABG – blood taken from artery to check oxygen and other levels in the body.
- EKG – records activity of the heart.
- EMG – records nerve activity from the brain to the arms and legs. These tests are performed by Dr. Skeels, board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation electromyography.
- EEG – records activity of the brain.
- Stress testing
Selby General Hospital’s respiratory therapists are licensed and trained professionals who work in combination with physicians as well as other health care professionals as part of a patient’s overall care.