August 23, 2010 - An Inside Look at Glenwood
Glenwood Retirement Community sure has a lot to offer. When you visit their website - www.glenwoodretirement.org - you will find the three lifestyle options they offer, independent living, assisted living and independent cottage homes.
With the click of a button, you can also tour their home/apartments and home styles/floor plans, see the many included amenities & services they offer and better understand Glenwood’s role as a complete continuum of care, providing access to a variety of health services offered through Memorial Health System.
Highlighting The Village at Glenwood
Let’s take an inside look at Glenwood’s independent cottage homes - one of three lifestyle options available – to those who are retired, semi-retired and those who are approaching retirement.
The cottages on our 70-acre community campus will combine the privacy of living in your own home with security and optional amenities and services. The spacious, affordable, one-floor, two or three bedroom homes are loaded with standard features and vary in size from 1,300 square feet to approximately 1,700 square feet. The neighborhood, situated in beautiful, natural surroundings, will feature 45 tastefully appointed cottages when complete.
Home Styles & Floor Plans
- Spacious open floor plans
- Full-size washer and dryer
- Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Large closets
- 24-hour emergency alert system
- Inviting gas fireplace
- Attached garage
- Pre-wired phone, cable and high-speed internet
- Fire and sound resistant construction
Home styles include The Oak, The Maple, The Hawthorn, The Ash and The Hickory.
- Eight meals per month with additional meals available in Glenwood’s Fountain View dining room.
- All utilities included, except telephone and cable
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Scheduled transportation
- All interior and exterior maintenance
- Organized social, recreational and cultural activities
- Priority access to The Pines (assisted living), if needed.
- Arts and crafts studio
- Multi-purpose room
- Dining room
- Card and game room
- Walking paths
- Guest suite
- Private dining room
- Terraces and patios
- Computer/communication room
- Beauty/barber shop
- Fitness Center
Interested in learning more? Call Debbie Brown at (740) 376-0535.