Every parent believes that their child deserves the best. That’s why the Driver Rehabilitation Program at Memorial Health System has expanded to now offer driver education classes for young drivers ages 15 ½ to 18 years of age.
Why is our program better for your child?
• We are the only hospital based driving school in Ohio that is licensed to
teach driver education to young drivers.
• We are the only school that offers private classroom instruction for those
who may struggle in a traditional classroom setting.
• We believe parents should be involved in and informed of their child’s progress.
• We promote the best practice integration of classroom theory and real world
experience by having one instructor teach both classroom and behind the
• We have a modern classroom with state of the art equipment.
• We are the only disability driving school in Washington County.
Your investment (program fee $350) includes:
• 24 hours of Ohio Department of Public Safety (ODPS) compliant classroom instruction
• Classes are held in our new classroom located in the Frontier Shopping Plaza at
158 Gross Street, Marietta, Ohio
• 8 hours of ODPS compliant behind the wheel instruction PLUS 2 extra hours of advanced defensive driving instruction (Most schools only provide the minimum 8 hours training)
• Pickup and delivery of students at their home for behind the wheel driving sessions, within 25 miles of Marietta. (Most schools charge extra fees for home pick up.)
• Classroom and in vehicle instruction will be done by the same person providing the best practice of integrating classroom theory with real world experience.
• Class will be taught by a nationally board certified and OBMV licensed driving instructor.
Our instructor is the only board certified Class D instructor in Ohio
• Those completing the course will receive an ODPS driver education certificate of
completion that is needed for juveniles to take their driving test.
May 12, 13, 15, 19, 20, 22 from 5 - 9:15 p.m.
June 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17 from 9 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
For more information, pricing and enrollment options, please contact Rick Headley, certified driver rehabilitation specialist, at (740) 525-7609.