For information on the condition of a patient being treated at Memorial Health System, media should call Jennifer Offenberger at (740) 374-1797 or (740) 550-1301.?? After hours, call (740) 374-1400 and ask for the nursing supervisor on duty. Supervisors will do their best to get you an answer in a timely manner.
Marietta Memorial follows the American Hospital Association???s guidelines for conditions. They are:
- Undetermined -- The patient is awaiting physician and assessment.
- Good -- Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair -- Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious -- Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical -- Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Our first responsibility is to protect the confidentiality and privacy of our patients. Media must have the name of the patient in order for us to respond. In return, if we can, we will provide the patient's condition.
No Release of Information
A patient may choose to "opt out" of our patient directory. This status may be requested by patients, their family, law enforcement agencies or hospital staff. Because our first responsibility is patient confidentiality, we will not release any information about a patient who has "opted out," including confirming the patient is being treated at MMH.
Please remember that we, like many other hospitals, are not obligated to release information about patients. We do so in a spirit of cooperation and under the assumption that there is a legitimate reason for the media to have access to this basic information. But when a patient requests it, or their location in the hospital requires it, we will not release information.