Memorial Health System is committed to providing an environment where students can explore, learn and grow their future with an internship experience for local high school students. This gives high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to obtain a deeper dive into the careers within healthcare. Memorial Health System’s goal is to aid in preparing students for their future by complementing academics through real world experiences while providing insight into the requirements of various positions and making a connection with healthcare professionals.
Memorial Health System is proud to provide high school juniors and seniors at Marietta High School the opportunity to explore the wide array of clinical positions within the health system while provide an interactive field experience for the students to learn about the responsibilities of each position, the growth opportunities in each field, and the education and licensures required for each position. The field experience will allow students determine if they have an interest in pursuing an education and a future career in specified fields. Students will gain an understanding of careers within surgery, perioperative areas, emergency department, rehabilitation, imaging, inpatient nursing, laboratory, respiratory therapy and biomedical engineering. The goal of this partnership is to strengthen both workforce development and college readiness.
Ten Hospital Rotations
- Upcoming juniors and seniors from Marietta High School are eligible to apply for the program
- Student must have a grade point average of 3.0 and must have good school attendance
- Selected students must commit to ALL dates listed below for the 2018 Internship Program.
- March 30th – Applications Due
- April 13th – Finalist Notified
- April 23rd - 27th – Finalist Interview
- May 11th– Selected Students Notified
- May 23rd– Parent/Student Meeting
- June 7th– Student Orientation
- June 11th - 22nd– Internship Rotations
Step 1: Submit the High School Internship Online Application
Step 2: Print the Essay Application and complete the form. Please submit to the appropriate home school liaison listed below by 3:00pm on March 30th to be eligible for the program. No late entries will be accepted.
- Caldwell High School students should submit their essay application to Kellie Fry.
- Marietta High School students should submit their essay application to Susan Miller.
- Shenandoah High School students should submit their essay application to Lisa King or Nellie Leach.
- Warren Local High School students should submit their essay application to Ryan Werry.
Step 3: Finalist interviews will be scheduled by the Human Resource Department. A panel interview will be conducted at Marietta Memorial Hospital during the week of April 23th. Selected students will be notified on May 11th.
Step 4: Parent/Student Meeting (Mandatory) – one parent must attend with each student –
- Collect the following forms:
- Student Agreement
- Parent Consent Form
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Photo Consent Form
- Review the requirements of the high school internship program
Step 5: Student Orientation (Mandatory) – students will complete training modules, meet department leaders, and obtain their scrubs and schedules.
Step 6: Report for your first day per your schedule.