Every year, the Memorial Health System receives many requests for support from various community groups and organizations.
The challenge, then, is how to balance the measure of what we already contribute to the local community as a not-for-profit healthcare provider with our obligations as one of the area’s largest businesses and employers.
Our budget for contributions is limited. Whether a request is for a cash donation, support for a local program or other opportunity, we will do our best to match our limited discretionary funds with community health needs.
Sponsorship considerations will be given to the following (but not limited to):
- Community events such as walks, runs, auctions, golf outings, etc.
- Event participation or contribution
- Fundraising dinners
- Community service / development organizations
- School fundraisers
- Cultural programs / events
- Logo items / giveaways
- Medical equipment (*see explanation below)
- Internal and external requests
* The Memorial Health System occasionally donates equipment or other materials to not-for-profit organizations and entities. These donations are usually limited to situations where system’s surplus or discard is matched with the identified needs of an organization.
Contributions also may include staff time, meeting space, and other
non-financial resources for projects and activities that support our giving priorities.
1) Sponsorships for national organizations must be centered on a local or regional event.
2) Policies action or legislative advocacy groups, endowment funds,
multiple-year pledge campaigns and annual fund drives will not be considered through this fund.
3) We won’t fund religious, fraternal, political or labor organizations; individuals or individual endeavors.
4) Requests must provide direct health-related or community benefit.
5) External agencies and organizations requesting use of property must show proof of liability insurance.
6) The Memorial Health System will not grant annual, automatic contributions to any organizations. Annual requests must be resubmitted.
Note: sponsorship is not advertising
Priority will be given to:
1) Not-for-profit organizations
2) Activities that specifically support our mission to improve the health and well being of our community and our strategic goals
3) Fundraising events for organizations that have close relationships with Memorial Health System’s clinical programs, specifically its key service lines such as oncology, cardiac, rehabilitation, etc.
4) Requests that provide positive public awareness of the health system’s services
5) Activities that address key population health improvement initiatives in the areas we serve
6) Activities that promote public awareness in the areas we serve
7) Activities of not-for-profit organizations that promote economic development within our region
8) Schools and neighborhood organizations that are in geographic proximity to our facilities
How to Apply:
1) Online forms can be completed by clicking here. After completing the form, click submit.
2) Call (740) 568-5381 to request a form be mailed to you. Hardcopy requests should be returned to Memorial Health System, Marketing Office, 401 Matthew St., Marietta, OH 45750.
Submissions are received and evaluated on an ongoing basis. Decisions are based on consistency with the Memorial Health System’s Community Benefit Plan and funding availability.
Due to the overwhelming amount of requests received each year, we will respond to only those requests that were approved. If you have not received a response within 30 days from the date of your submission, the request was not approved.
Due to availability of funds, requests may be denied even if they fit criteria.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jessica Strickler, sponsorship coordinator, at (740) 568-5381.
All funding requests will be submitted to the sponsorship committee for consideration. All decisions made by the committee are final.
This process is in place to ensure that all applications are evaluated equally and fulfill our mission, vision, values and strategic plan.