Memorial Health System’s Youth Volunteer Summer Program is to empower youth with leadership and communication skills and provide them with exposure to the healthcare environment, while contributing to the community.
This nine-week program is scheduled for June 12 through August 11, 2017; with a ceremony on Monday, August 14 at 3:00 p.m.
- 16 – 18 years of age.
- If under 18 years of age, permission from a parent or guardian to participate.
- Agree to complete a minimum of 72 hours commitment by August 11. These hours are generally served in two four-hour shifts each week over the summer. Exceptions must be agreed upon during your interview or placement appointment.
- Attend volunteer orientation on June 12 at 9:00 a.m.
- Attend four out of the five Lunch and Learn programs (dates and times below), celebration ceremony and exit interviews.
- Wear your volunteer uniform and badge at all times.
- Complete the annual education online training (HIPAA and hospital safety training).
Step 1: Submit the Youth Volunteer Application Online.
- The deadline for applying for the 2017 Youth Volunteer Summer Program is Friday, May 5.
Step 2: Print the following links and complete the forms. Please bring them with you to your interview.
Step 3: Interview – Schedule an interview by calling (740) 374-1778 (Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
- Collect the parental consent form and references.
- Sign Confidentiality agreement.
- Background Check – need social security and date of birth.
- Review the requirements of the youth summer program.
- Assign your volunteer area.
Step 4: Student Orientation (Mandatory) – Monday, June 12 at 9:00 a.m. in the Strecker Conference Room.
- ID Badge – You’ll be escorted to HR to get your badge photo. Your badge is to be worn at all times and is considered to be part of your uniform.
- Tour of the Hospital
- Review the volunteer guidelines – policies and procedures to be followed at all times.
- Receive volunteer uniform.
- Volunteer Job description of your assigned area.
- Online Annual Education completed.
- Meet your director of your assigned department.
Step 5: Reporting to Duty
- You will report directly to your assigned department for training.
HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS - Eligible for $500 Scholarship:
- Must be a senior in high school
- Must be planning to attend a college in healthcare
- Meet all the Youth Summer Program requirements mentioned above
- Show leadership skills
- Follow the Memorial Health System Standards of Excellence
- Complete the Student Volunteer Scholarship Application