The 9-week program is scheduled for June 18 through August 10, 2018. A ceremony will be held on Monday, August 13 at 3:00 p.m.
- 16 – 18 years of age.
- If under 18 years of age, permission from a parent or guardian to participate.
- Agree to complete a minimum of 50 hours commitment by August 10. Exceptions must be agreed upon during your interview or placement appointment.
- Attend volunteer orientation on June 18 at 9:00 a.m.
- Attend 5 out 8 Lunch and Learn programs (dates and times below), celebration ceremony and exit interviews.
- Wear your volunteer uniform and badge at all times.
- Complete the annual education online training (HIPAA and hospital safety training).
Step 1: Submit the Youth Volunteer Application Online.
- The deadline for applying for the 2017 Youth Volunteer Summer Program is Friday, April 27.
Step 2: Print the following links and complete the forms. Please bring them with you to your interview.
- Parental consent form
- Two leadership references – complete the top portion of the form and give to your reference.
Step 3: Interview – Schedule an interview by calling (740) 374-1778 (Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
- Mandatory Group Interviews:
- Tuesday, May 1 at 4 p.m. (1st Floor Conference Room)
- Thursday, May 3 at 4 p.m. (1st Floor Conference Room)
- Wednesday, May 9 at 4 p.m. (1st Floor Conference Room)
- Collect the parental consent form and references.
- Sign Confidentiality agreement.
- Background Check – need social security and date of birth.
- Review the requirements of the youth summer program.
- Assign your volunteer area.
Step 4: Student Orientation (Mandatory) – Monday, June 18 at 9:00 a.m. in the 1st Floor Conference Room.
- ID Badge – You’ll be escorted to HR to get your badge photo. Your badge is to be worn at all times and is considered to be part of your uniform.
- Tour of the Hospital
- Review the volunteer guidelines – policies and procedures to be followed at all times.
- Receive volunteer uniform.
- Volunteer service description of your assigned area.
- Online Annual Education completed.
- Meet your director of your assigned department.
Step 5: Reporting to Duty
- You will report directly to your assigned department for training.
HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS - Eligible for $500 Scholarship:
- Must be a senior in high school
- Must be planning to attend a college in healthcare
- Meet all the Youth Summer Program requirements mentioned above
- Show leadership skills
- Follow the Memorial Health System Standards of Excellence
- Complete the Student Volunteer Scholarship Application