Our program offers a robust curriculum, consisting of both classroom-based sessions and supervised, hands-on experiences to help build your knowledge base and effective decision-making skills. In addition, you will have a preceptor to answer questions, provide support, and help refine your skills. A mentor will be matched with you to provide the social and emotional support you will need to grow.
As a new nursing professional, you will participate in a comprehensive program that includes a series of learning sessions and work experiences.
Additional program information:
• Paid staff nurse position
• 10 weeks of general and specialty nursing experiences
• Weekly sessions featuring both classroom and simulation based content
• Clinical and interdisciplinary experiences
• Ongoing professional development
• Peer group support
• Support from mentors
• A customized unit specific orientation following the program
Advantages of Transition to Success Program
• Enhances critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Increases confidence in skills
• Enhances communication within the interdisciplinary team
• Increases comfort in handling of emergency/critical situations
• Transitions from advanced beginner to competent professional
Now Accepting Applications
Apply online! Visit www.mhsystem.org/findajob and search for the New Graduate Registered Nurse position.
Our 2018 Transition to Success Program will offer four sessions starting February 19, June 25, July 23 and October 1. We are currently accepting applications. Session placement will be dependent upon the completion of the program requirements. Interviews are ongoing throughout the year.
• Be a new graduate nurse with less than six months nursing experience.
• Have graduated from an accredited or Board of Nursing approved RN program.
• Have successfully passed the NCLEX-RN exam by the time the program begins.
• Possess a current RN license in the state of Ohio at time program begins.
For More Information
Please contact Amy Beech, MSN, RN, Educational Services Specialist at (740)568-4518 or ALBeech@mhsystem.org. Additional information about our new graduate nurse program is available on LinkedIn. Search Memorial Health System to find our New Grad Showcase Page and see how you can grow with us.
A downloadable version of this page is available here:
2018 New Nurse Program Education Flyer.pdf