Memorial Health System is committed to providing an environment where students can explore, learn and grow their future with an internship experience for local high school students. This gives high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to obtain a deeper dive into the careers within healthcare. Memorial Health System’s goal is to aid in preparing students for their future by complementing academics through real world experiences while providing insight into the requirements of various positions and making a connection with healthcare professionals.
Memorial Health System is proud to provide high school juniors and seniors at Marietta High School the opportunity to explore the wide array of clinical positions within the health system while provide an interactive field experience for the students to learn about the responsibilities of each position, the growth opportunities in each field, and the education and licensures required for each position. The field experience will allow students determine if they have an interest in pursuing an education and a future career in specified fields. Students will gain an understanding of careers within surgery, perioperative areas, emergency department, rehabilitation, imaging, inpatient nursing, laboratory, respiratory therapy and biomedical engineering. The goal of this partnership is to strengthen both workforce development and college readiness.
Ten Hospital Rotations
- Upcoming juniors and seniors from Marietta High School are eligible to apply for the program
- Student must have a grade point average of 3.0 and must have good school attendance
- Selected students must commit to ALL dates listed below
- March – Applications Due
- April – Finalist Notified
- April – Finalist Interview
- May – Selected Students Notified
- May – Parent/Student Meeting
- June – Internship Rotation
Step 1: Submit the High School Internship Online Application
Step 2: Print the Essay Application and complete the form.
- Marietta High School students and College Credit Plus students should submit their essay application to Susan Miller by 3:00pm on March 24th to be eligible for the program. No late entries will be accepted.
- Washington County Career Center students with a home school of Marietta High School should submit their essay application to Robin Wright by 3:00pm on March 24th to be eligible for the program. No late entries will be accepted.
Step 3: Finalist interviews will be scheduled by the Human Resource Department. A panel interview will be conducted at Marietta Memorial Hospital during the week of April 17th. Selected students will be notified on May 4th.
Step 4: Parent/Student Meeting (Mandatory) – May
- Collect the following forms:
- Student Agreement
- Parent Consent Form
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Photo Consent Form
- Review the requirements of the high school internship program
Step 5: Student Orientation (Mandatory) – June
Step 6: Report for your first day – June