Community Health and Wellness
Our goal is to provide a robust array of services and programs that encourage and support healthy living and wellness for everyone in the Mid-Ohio Valley. With our program, LiveMemorialWell serving as the backbone of our department, we strive to be your partner in health; to educate and inspire, to motivate, and encourage. We want you to learn new things, eat better, move more, and share your passions with one another.
We have a full-time Community Outreach Specialist responsible for organizing and facilitating educational programs for a variety of patient and community groups, as well as businesses and organizations. Here, we coordinate the health system’s involvement in community health fairs and schedule speakers for many topics.
We have a full-time outreach educator who is responsible for organizing and facilitating educational programs for various patient and community groups, as well as businesses and organizations. Here, we coordinate the health system’s involvement in community health fairs and schedule speakers for a variety of topics. (Please fill out the correct form for speakers or email firstname.lastname@example.org for health fair participation requests.)
We also host weekly and monthly screenings for blood pressure, blood sugar, weight, hearing, and vision. These are available free of charge to our 55 PLUS community.
Our Wellness Center team leads group exercise classes for the members of our communities, ages 18 and older, every Monday and Wednesday at our Marietta location in the Frontier Shopping Center. Our Variety Class may include cardio/aerobic components, strength training with free weights, bodyweight training, balance, flexibility, and more! Tai Chi Qi Gong (Tai Chi Easy) uses simplified Tai Chi based on the four recognized styles of Tai Chi. Tai Chi can improve the quality of life for everyone, whether well or unwell, including those experiencing:
- Chronic pain and health conditions
- Limited mobility
- Anxiety or depression
- Deficient immune systems
Full Class Schedule:
Variety Class (for intermediate to advanced participants) – Monday and Wednesday; 8:30 – 9:30 a.m., 146A Gross Street, Marietta, Ohio.
Tai Chi Qi Gong (beginner friendly, can progress to more advanced) – Monday and Wednesday; 9:45 – 10:30 a.m., 148A Gross Street, Marietta, Ohio.
– Cost: $10 per month for unlimited classes, or a $5 drop-in fee per class.
Health system employees and spouses, as well as volunteers, join for free! Call (740) 568-5380 for more information.
Matter of Balance: Falls Prevention
During this class, we will teach you the skills you need to reduce your fear of falling, and ways to enhance you strength and balance.
- No cost to participate, lunch provided at each session
- 4-week program, 2 days per week
- Classes offered multiple times per year
- Call (740) 374-1799 for information on upcoming classes and to register
Belpre Diabetes Exercise Program
Our free diabetes exercise program is located at the Belpre Medical Campus at 803 Farson Street, Belpre, OH.
- Free 6-week small group class for patients with Type I or Type II Diabetes
- Virtual classes now available
- Established curriculum with gradual progression of exercises
- Learn how exercise can reduce your blood sugar levels, and work toward healthy lifestyle change
- Patient must have referral from provider (such as PCP) to participate
Call (740) 423-3636 for information on upcoming classes and to enroll.
Pre- and Post-Natal Coaching and Group Classes
These classes, located at the Belpre Medical Campus at 803 Farson St, Belpre, OH, address the physical, mental, and emotional health needs before, during, and after pregnancy. Learn about exercise, rest and recovery, self-care, and sleep for the pre- and post-natal mother, as well as nutritional needs during all stages.
- 6 weeks, with focus on 3 phases of the postpartum journey
- No cost to participate
- Patient must have medical clearance from provider to participate
For individual coaching, please contact Stephanie Bauman for pricing information and to schedule an appointment at (740) 423-3636. For more information on upcoming group classes or to enroll, call (740) 423-3636.
Outreach Screenings: (blood pressure, blood sugar, and weight)
- Every Friday from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. in our Outreach Department, 148 A Gross Street, Frontier Shopping Center in Marietta.
- Second Thursday of the month from 9 a.m. – noon at the John Dodge Senior Center in Beverly
- Fourth Tuesday of the month from 9 a.m. – noon at the Lower Salem Village Hall
Please note: No appointment is necessary for our screenings
Free Hearing Screenings:
Offered monthly in our Audiology Department (800 Wayne Street in Marietta). Call (740) 568-4731 for upcoming dates and to register.
- Our Wayne Street Wellness Center offers a variety of fitness equipment including cardiovascular machines (treadmills, stationary bikes, seated steppers, ellipticals), strength training equipment (pin-adjustable selectorized machines), free weights (dumbbells, resistance bands, medicine balls), yoga mats and blocks as well as functional training equipment such as Bosu balls and Physio balls.
- Our Wellness Center is open to 55 PLUS members (anyone in our community ages 55 and older). We also provide services to bariatric and thriver (cancer survivor) patients, as well as health system volunteers. Everyone must complete our enrollment process, which includes filling out our informational packet, as well as receiving a medical clearance waiver from their provider, such as primary care physician. This paperwork is renewed annually by all members.
- Wellness Center Information:
- $60 annual membership fee per person. Free for health system volunteers and Silver Sneakers participants.
- Hours of operation: 6 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed weekends).
- NEW members need to contact the Wellness Center directly at (740) 568-5380 to begin the orientation process.
- Staff is on-site at all times to assist with member needs, including supervision for safety, progression of exercise programs, and education on various fitness, wellness, and nutrition topics.
Download the Wellness Center Enrollment Form here.
You may submit the form via email to LiveMemorialWell@mhsystem.org or mail it to:
Memorial Health Wellness Center
802 Wayne Street, Suite 202
Marietta, OH 45750