Every year, Memorial Health System receives many requests for support from various community groups and organizations.
The challenge, for us is how to balance the measure of what we already contribute to the local community as a not-for-profit healthcare provider.
Our budget for contributions is limited. Whether a request is for a cash donation, support for a local program, or other opportunities, we will do our best to match our limited discretionary funds with community needs.
Sponsorship considerations will be given to the following (but not limited to):
- Community events such as walks, runs, auctions, golf outings, etc.
- Community service/development organizations
- Cultural programs/events
- Event participation or contribution
- Fundraising dinners
- Internal and external requests
- Logo items/giveaways
- Medical equipment (*see explanation below)
- School fundraisers
*Memorial Health System occasionally donates equipment or other materials to not-for-profit organizations and entities. These donations are usually limited to situations where system surplus or discard is matched with the identified needs of an organization.
Contributions also may include staff time, meeting space, and other non-financial resources for projects and activities that support our giving priorities.
- Sponsorships for national organizations must be centered on a local or regional event.
- Policy action or legislative advocacy groups, endowment funds, multiple-year pledge campaigns, and annual fund drives will not be considered through this fund.
- We won’t fund religious, fraternal, political, or labor organizations; individuals or individual endeavors.
- Requests must provide direct health-related or community benefit.
- External agencies and organizations requesting use of property must show proof of liability insurance.
- Memorial Health System will not grant annual, automatic contributions to any organizations. Annual requests must be resubmitted.
Note: Sponsorship is not advertising
Priority will be given to:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Activities that specifically support our mission to improve the health and well-being of our community and our strategic goals
- Fundraising events for organizations that have close relationships with Memorial Health System’s clinical programs, specifically its main service lines such as oncology, cardiac, rehabilitation, etc.
- Requests that provide positive public awareness of our health system’s services
- Activities that address key population health improvement initiatives in the areas we serve
- Activities that promote public awareness in the areas we serve
- Activities of not-for-profit organizations that promote economic development within our region
- Schools and neighborhood organizations that are in geographic proximity to our facilities
- Please complete the online form by clicking here. Click submit after completing the form.
- Call (740) 374-1634 to request a form be mailed to you. Hard copy requests should be returned to Memorial Health System, Marketing Office, 406 Colegate Drive, Marietta 45750.
Submissions are received and evaluated on an ongoing basis. Decisions are based on consistency with the Memorial Health System’s community benefit plan and funding availability.
Due to the overwhelming amount of requests received each year, we will respond to only those requests that were approved. If you have not received a response within 30 days from the date of your submission, the request was not approved.
Due to availability of funds, requests may be denied even if they fit criteria.
All funding requests will be submitted to the sponsorship committee for consideration. All decisions made by the committee are final.
This process is in place to ensure that all applications are evaluated equally and fulfill our mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives.