Volunteer With Us
Most volunteers say that the personal fulfillment which comes from helping another person is their greatest reward. Other volunteers look forward to the new friendships they will share with fellow volunteers and staff members. As a volunteer, you will enjoy learning new skills and contributing to our community. Regardless of whether you are volunteering to gain new skills, meet new people, or lend a helping hand, our volunteer programs (adult and student) have a position to meet your needs.
In appreciation of the support and time our volunteers contribute, Memorial Health System offers benefits for both of our volunteer programs including:
- Annual volunteer recognition event
- Free access to our Wellness Center
- Free parking
- Gain experience working in healthcare
- Give back to the community
- Learn new skills while helping others
- Letters of recommendation upon request (must volunteer at least 50 service hours)
- Make a positive difference in another person’s life
- Meal provided in the cafeteria after each four hour shift
- Certificate of completion of program (student volunteers)
Our Volunteer Services Department is located at our Marietta Memorial Hospital Campus (401 Matthew Street, Marietta), in the walkway on the second floor. Please contact our volunteer services coordinator with any questions.
Adult Volunteer Program
Individuals wishing to volunteer at Memorial Health System are expected to:
- Complete the Adult Volunteer application on our external job board
- Provide two completed reference forms from someone in a leadership/advisory role
- Refer to the Volunteer Services Department Reference Form PDF for further instructions
- Have an interview with the volunteer services coordinator
- Complete background screening
- Attend new volunteer orientation and training
Volunteers at Memorial Health System should be willing to commit to a minimum of four hours per week. Please consider carefully whether this time commitment will fit your schedule or other life commitments. Each calendar year, every volunteer is required to complete online annual education.
Memorial Health System is a nationally recognized, community driven healthcare system delivering world-class patient care right here at home. We are a place for learning, growing, and building the career and life you want.